From the FIORASPHEREComfortable + Sustainable + Affordable = FIORA®
The Perfect Equation for Heading Back to School!
What comes to mind when you think about back-to-school season? We’re guessing a flurry of activity and all those tasks that were on hiatus for the summer. Things like lunch packing, after-school snacking, homework helping, car pooling, and just a few thousand more. No worries! We've got some fun facts to ease you back and school lunch ideas that are so mouth-watering, you’re gonna need to grab a few FIORA® napkins before you dive in!
Please Be Seated For Your Lesson in Toilet Paper …
Yes! You read that right! History. Math. Science. No matter what the subject, we’re here to teach and guide you through one of the busiest times of the year. Ready for class?
Let’s Start With History
Did you ever wonder who the heck invented toilet paper? We certainly have, and we’re happy to share the answer with you.
The man “behind” toilet paper [Sorry! We couldn’t resist!] was Joseph Gayetty. He “accidentally” came up with the concept back in 1857. The original construction was a combination of pure manilla hemp and aloe for added comfort. Soon thereafter, it was deemed the “Greatest Necessity of the Age.” While we may be a little biased, we have to agree. Thanks for putting us on the map, Joe!
Let’s Head Down the Hall for Math Class …
Continuing with our lessons in TP. Can you guess how much toilet paper cost back in the day? Answer: 1,000 sheets would run you $1. Can you guess how many rolls of toilet paper the average person uses each year? Answer: 100!
While we can’t promise you 1857 prices, we are committed to keeping prices as low as possible. It just makes good sense. You deserve a fair price when it comes to something as essential as toilet paper.
Time for Science!
FIORA® products are PEFC® certified and 100% sustainably sourced. A big sentence with big meaning behind it. PEFC® is the world’s largest certification system, ensuring that our products are produced in compliance with strict ecological, ethical, and social standards. We’ve done our homework to care for our planet and your family.
Learn the 3 P’s of Packing School Lunches They’ll Love!
Pinwheels, Pasta, and Pepperoni
Let’s be honest. Packing school lunches every day 5 days a week can be a bit daunting. So we’re taking the labor out of lunch and serving up ideas that bring the unexpected to the table for lunches too good to trade! BTS Pro Tip: Don’t forget to pack the FIORA® Napkins and Paper Towels for DIY placemats.
Get Lunch Rolling With These Fun & Yummy Pinwheels
Bite-sized delights that are guaranteed to excite!
- Cream Cheese: Flavored cream cheeses like onion and chive, sun-dried tomatoes, or herb spreads can add that extra flavor that kids love.
- Salt and Pepper
- Green Onions: Optional
- Deli Turkey: Ham and roast beef are other great alternatives, or consider using a combo.
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese: Swiss, Havarti, Jack, Mozzarella, and Pepper Jack are great, too.
- Tortillas: For a healthier alternative, use wheat tortillas.
- Shredded Lettuce: It adds a bit of crunch and color.
In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Lay one tortilla flat on a cutting board and spread half of the cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle half of the lettuce on the tortilla and then layer 3 slices of turkey and 2 pieces of cheese. Be sure to place the turkey and cheese on the left side of the tortilla without touching the edge.
- Roll one end of the tortilla gently but tightly. Roll until the tortilla is completely rolled up, and press your finger to seal the tortilla roll-ups. Add more cream cheese, if needed, to seal more. Continue with the remaining tortilla.
- Cut each tortilla roll-up in half and then cut each half into 5 pieces and remove the unfilled ends.
- Pack in your kids’ lunchboxes and wait for the after-school rave reviews to roll in!
Pack ‘Em Pasta Salad
For flavor that checks all the “lunch” boxes!
- 16 oz. of penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 medium orange peppers
- 1 small jar or can of black olives
- 1 stalk of broccoli [chopped]
*Adjust veggies to fit your child’s taste preferences
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, rinse, and let it cool.
- Chop and add all the veggies.
- Make your own dressing or use your favorite bottled dressing to save time. Italian or Creamy Parmesan work best.
- Toss and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Pack in an airtight container and watch your kids’ faces light up when you ask them “How was lunch?”
Homemade Dressing Instructions:
- Add equal parts fat [oil or mayonnaise and acid [vinegar, lemon juice]].
- Add your favorite fresh herbs, a touch of honey, maple syrup [if desired], and sea salt and whisk to combine.
Pepperoni Pizza Crescents
They’ll be over-the-moon for these yummy crescents!
- 5 oz. package of pepperoni
- 8 oz. tube crescent rolls
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: Marinara sauce for dipping
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- Unroll your crescent rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Lay 5 or 6 pieces of pepperoni at the wide side end, then top each with half a cheese stick.
- Starting with the widest side of all the toppings, roll the crescent roll as you tuck in the ingredients. Make sure the tail of the crescent is pushed into the dough, so it doesn’t come unrolled while baking.
- Melt the butter, then add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder and stir. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the rolls with the mixture. If you’d like, sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven (375 degrees) for about 15 minutes until golden and baked all the way through.
- Let the rolls cool, pack some in your children’s lunchboxes, and wait for them to request this again. Believe us, they will!
We hope what we’ve shared will help make the process of heading back to school less hectic and more enjoyable! We know it’s a lot of work, but it’s good work, and we’re happy you took the time to check out our suggestions. Our last piece of advice: Remember to breathe and keep your favorite FIORA® products within arm’s reach!
Your FIORA® Family
Is that possible?
The only way to make FIORA® even more affordable
is to click this button for our exclusive super coupon.