From the FIORASPHEREIt’s Halloween!
Reach Into Our Bag of Tricks & Treats
It’s downright scary how excited we are to share this month's blog with you! Think of it as your grownup trick-or-treat bag filled with everything you need to turn your home into a happy Halloween haven. Let’s roll!
A Bewitching Centerpiece
Would you believe this craft includes a full roll of FIORA® paper towels? No kidding!
What You’ll Need:
- Roll of FIORA® paper towels
- Styrofoam ball — 7.8”
- 2 rolls of ribbon — thick and thin
- Black fabric
- 2 large sheets of black craft foam
- Hot glue
- Plate/circular object to trace
What You’ll Do:
- To make the hat, trace a circle on the first sheet of black craft foam using a round plate and cut it out. This will be the brim of the hat.
- Hot glue the thinner ribbon to the brim of the hat to add a pop of color [purple or orange work well].
- On the second sheet of black craft foam, draw a half-circle and fold it in a cone shape — make sure it’s tall, not wide. Glue it together to the brim of the hat to make the pointed part of the witch's hat.
- Hot glue the styrofoam ball to the paper towel roll to create the witch's head.
- Drape the black fabric over the witch’s head and torso.
- Secure the hat to the styrofoam ball with hot glue.
- Tie the thicker ribbon in a bow around the witch’s neck.
Bring her back, year after year, and don’t forget to give her a name! We named ours “Wendy The Wipe-Up Witch.” Seemed fitting, since she’s made from a roll of FIORA® paper towels!
Keep It Fun and Safe With These Trick-or-Treating Tips
Plan a Trick-or-Treating Route
Stick to familiar areas and establish a start and end time.
Stay Bright & Visible
Choose areas that are well lit, and consider adding a piece of reflective tape to your child’s costume, trick-or-treat bag, or shoes for extra visibility.
Never Go It Alone
Trick-or-treating with a buddy or friend group is your safest bet and makes for happier Halloween trails.
Use Face Paint Instead of Masks
Masks can obscure vision, so consider using face paint instead, to complete the look of your little goblin’s costume.
Floating Candle Craft
Great way to set a wicked-cool mood. ProTip: Make a few or make a bunch — the more the scarier!
What You’ll Need:
- Multiple empty FIORA® toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- Flameless tea light candles
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Acrylic paint: Your choice of color. We chose a festive purple!
- Paint brush
- Clear fishing line or thread
- Thin black foam or craft paper
What You’ll Do:
That’s easy! Just follow along with the video!
Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween Dinner? Heck Yes!
Surprise your family and watch how fast they disappear!
- 8 oz. crescent roll sheet
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 thick slices pepper jack cheese
- Nonstick spray
- Parchment paper
- Yellow or honey mustard for serving
Preheat the oven to 375° and unroll dough onto the cutting board, with the long side facing you. Cut ¼ to ½ wide strips crosswise for 24 strips total.
Cut each slice of cheese into 4 long rectangles. Wrap one piece of cheese under each hot dog. Wrap one strip of dough around the cheese and hot dog like a mummy bandage. Continue with 2 more dough strips, pressing the end of the last strip together with the start of a new strip.
Place hot dogs cheese-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes , until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before adding two little dots of mustard as eyes. Serve immediately.
Time to fly! Not to ghost you, but we’ve got to get moving on next month’s blog! Have fun. Be safe. Happy Happy Halloween!
Your FIORA® Family
Is that possible?
The only way to make FIORA® even more affordable
is to click this button for our exclusive super coupon.