From the FIORASPHEREIt’s Raining FIORA®
Showering You With Houseplant Harmony
This issue is dedicated to all our plant parents in the Fiorasphere! Since houseplants are living and growing things that you care for that also happen to live under your roof, then yes, that makes them your babies and you, a plant parent. At least that’s what we think! All the tips we’re sharing are rooted in turning your green thumb a shade greener, and we’ve planted some surprising uses for FIORA® paper towels here, too. Let’s get growing! 🍃
Spring Clean Your Plants Year-Round
Cleaning your plants every season is best practice for keeping them happy and healthy.
Plants have pores called Stomata, which are essential to the life of a plant. When a plant is dusty, its pores get clogged and can’t function properly. We’ve got a simple solve for that. Just dampen some FIORA® paper towels with luke-warm water and gently wipe the leaves clean to open those pores and let your plants breathe freely.
Shower Them With Love
Houseplants can use a nice mineral rinse now and then. Periodically flushing the soil in your potted plants improves the plant’s health and frees them from damaging buildup.
Take smaller house plants to the sink and larger plants to the shower. The duration of the rinse will depend on the plant type and how thirsty it is.
First, make sure to set the water at natural rain temp — meaning a temperature comparable to the rain that falls from the sky — not too hot and not too cold. Then, let them enjoy the sprinkle. FIORA® Pro Tip: If you don’t have a shower setting on your sink, use your hand to break up the steady stream of your faucet, so the soil can absorb the water more slowly and the leaves get better coverage.
Water Away — While You Vacay!
If you’re going on vacation for a few days and Aunt Marnie isn’t available to “plant sit,” have we got a solution for you!
- Simply roll up some FIORA® paper towels as tightly as possible without breaking them.
- Dunk the ends in a glass of water.
- Place the glass next to your plant — the deeper the glass the better!
- Pull the paper towels out in rope-like fashion and lay it across the soil, while leaving the end of the paper towel “rope” in the glass.
The paper towels will absorb the water from the glass and spread it evenly over the soil. Don’t worry, Aunt Marnie! There’s always next time. 💚
5 Tips For Healthy Plant Parenting
- Match your plants to room lighting. Some plants need more light than others, so find homes for those in your brightest rooms and save the moodier rooms for your plants that require less light.
- Keep room temperature steady. Plants love consistency, just like we do!
- Fertilize as needed throughout the year.
- Let your plants show and tell you when they need water. Overwatering can lead to root rotting, which can be difficult to reverse.
- Repot plants as they grow to give them the space they need to thrive.
FIORA® Pro Tip: Be sure to have plenty of your favorite paper towels handy for repotting placemats and clean up! 😉
We hope you enjoyed the tips we dug up [had to!] and maybe even learned a thing or two. Happy house planting and see you next time!
Your FIORA® Family
Is that possible?
The only way to make FIORA® even more affordable
is to click this button for our exclusive super coupon.